Skip to main content

The 3 Date Rule


You meet him. You like him. You go on a date with him. The first date was the initial meet and greet, where you met for coffee after work. During that time you set up a second date to have dinner a couple of days later.

It’s the night of the second date and you are having a fabulous time. Your checklist is getting checked-off, because so far he meets your basic requirements: looks, education, personality, charm, and charisma…but in the back of your mind, you have this niggling sensation about a conversation you recently overheard the women in your salon discussing. As you sat in your stylists chair you listened as they volleyed their dating woes and there was a consensus amongst them all that most men had this unspoken rule that if they took you out on three dates, then by the third date they expected you to sleep with them.

You look into his eyes, trying to gauge his thoughts. Does he think like that? Will he expect something on the next date? Should I accept a next date, without discussing this? Or should I just live in the moment and whatever happens, happens? All of those questions are swirling through your mind, but you don’t want to be the first one to broach the subject. After all, you don’t want to look or appear loose. Nor do you want him to think that sex is all that you have on your mind. What to do?

Sadly this scenario plays out every other hour as women and men meet via online dating, or through family and friends. Although eager to get to know each other, women have now been instructed by Steve Harvey and his ‘teachings’ to install a 90-day probation [don’t know why women couldn’t figure this out on their own] period before becoming intimate with a man. However, some women, who have been alone a very longtime feel that 90-days is too harsh, and three days is too soon.

When this happens, I always tell women to be convicted by their principles. If they feel that fundamentally, 3 days is way too soon, then let it be known when and if he makes a move. YES, I know that not all men think like this, but the majority of them do feel as if there is a play for pay.

I say that to say, do not let this unspoken rule that some have to taint your thoughts and views on dating. Rather be mindful that as you order your meal and drinks be sure to only order what you can afford. NO, it doesn’t sound right, but why go out and feel an obligation to ‘put out’ for a $75 meal.

You are only obligated to yourself in having a good time and opening up your friend circle…enjoy!

SassyScribe 

Thursday, October 20, 2011 - The 3 Date Rule: To Sex or Not to Sex? www.blogtalkradio.com/sassyentertainment and join the live interactive chat room or call 646 716 7414 to share your thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before