Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Blues



Sometimes you just want to say Eff it, when it comes to Valentine's Day
  Oh no! That dreaded day is just about 3 weeks away, and all of the single people, women mostly are trying to psych themselves out, by saying "its just another day". Which is true. Valentine's Day is just another day, but as a single person, it just makes your singleness that much more acute. You tend to feel your singleness the most during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day and your birthday.

How many times have you gotten tired of the squeals and yelps of delight as co-worker, after co-worker, friend, after friend, received a delivery of beautiful long-stemmed red roses, the large heart-shaped balloon or oversized Teddy Bear emblazoned with "I LOVE U" OR "BE MINE"? Do you swear silently to yourself as you plaster a fake smile on your face as you comment happily about their good fortune? Yes, I know, too many times to count. It's bad when you are single, not getting anything screams I AM ALONE!!!

But rather than be down on this day, think of it as an opportunity to love yourself more.

Take it from a single lady, who had relationships and still got nothing on Valetine's Day. Well, that's not quite true, one day while riding down the highway, my then boyfriend handed me my V-Day card as an after thought and I put the window down and threw it out the window. Then another guy I dated used to tell me that he could never celebrate a holiday whose patron saint was homosexual. Yeah, I can laugh now, because as excuses go, it was good, but when he said it, I was angry and irritated. Tell me you don't feel enough for me, but there is no reason to lie.

So after those debacles, I vowed to never allow Valentine's Day to give me the blues! For what? So I decided that Valentine's Day would be SASSY Day. A day for me to date me. Get to know me better and to love myself more!

So I embarked on a journey to wipe out the Valentine's Day Blues by doing a few simple things:

  • Treated myself to a great meal - so what restaurants are full of couples; tonight is about YOU
  • Had a spa treatement - mani/pedi & massage
  • Got my hair done
  • Went shopping (retail therapy always helps)
  • Checked out the latest movie
  • Got together with other single men/women for food & drinks
  • Spent time with family & friends
  • Read /buy a book
  • Visit the local art scene
  • Create a hobby
  • If you have a child(ren) - take them out and spend the day with them and show them that they are your valentine
Those are just a couple of ideas that can alleviate the blues of  LOVE DAY!

For some, the day represents a night of dabauchery! One of hot, erotic, & sensuous buck-nekkedness ;-), and when you are alone with no chance of getting any, you may want to visit your local adult store and purchase some new toys and try them out!

It's truly whatever works for you...just don't sit about moping around singing 'kumbaya". Get up, Get out, and do something!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Saundra aka SassyScribe

***Tune into WSER Sassy Entertainment Radio in February for LOVE AMERICAN STYLE Month for three hot shows: 2/3 - Valentine's Day Blues; 2/10 Tips on Keeping the Love & Sex Hot; 2/17 The Cheaters Handbook;  Join our interactive chat room at www.blogtalkradio.com/sassyentertainment or call in to share your thoughts 646.716.7414.***

Comments

virgie said…
well said and great advice. thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before