Skip to main content

Sign O’ the Times…

In 2006 Senator Barack Obama announced his candidacy to campaign for the 2008 Presidential election. The world witnessed the outcome of such an historic moment, and as an African American I was never more proud than if he was a member of my family. It showed me that after eight years of idiocracy and nepotism and just bad decisions coming from the GOP and the Bush administration, that the nation was ready for a change.

The nation was abuzz with the fact that there had not been such a ground swell of support for a presidential candidate since President John F. Kennedy. Slowly, the old guard began to see that this young Black man was representative of what many felt…and they believed that he was the change we all needed. However, the right-wing had a field day, calling President Obama a rock star, and then when he went on his European tour prior they dubbed him the Messiah.

At that time I shrugged off all comments about Obama being the Messiah, or when folks referred to him as “the second coming of Christ” because I’m thinking who would be crazy enough to view him as such. He is just a man, albeit an intelligent, methodical, and critically thinking man, he is still a man. As much as I was enamored with his candidacy, as much as I loved his smart campaign and his grass roots process, as much as I loved and reveled in the love he had for his Black wife and beautiful black children, as much as I loved hearing his intelligent thoughts and seeing how his mind worked, and lets be honest, he is a very good looking man, I did not then nor do I now think of him as the Messiah.

But I see a lot of folks that are thinking of him like that and it got me to thinking about the Bible. Yes, I was thinking about the Bible, and although I may not know the exact chapter & verse(s) (thinking Matthew 24 but not sure), and I may even get this wrong, but doesn’t it talk about ‘beware false prophets” and how the seasons begin to blend, the talk and rumors of war, the devastating earthquakes, and famines.

I don’t know if people are aware of it or not, but in my humble opinion, I see it as a sign of the times and our time here is limited, and what is going on in this world shows it every day, that the coming of the Son of Man is close. Some people may say “the devil is busy”, but true believers and those with truth faith are seeing “birthing pains” unlike any other.

There are “rogue” and/or unstable nations with unstable regimes acquiring nuclear weapons and hoarding terrorist. There are unnatural and at times surreal weather events like tsunami’s, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, wild fires, extreme heat, extreme cold, polar ice caps melting, genocide, dormant volcanoes erupting, and a host of “signs” of end times. What I see are families being killed because of money. Families are being fragmented because of the loss of jobs, and the loss of their homes. Mothers and Fathers killing innocent children to me is not the devil at work persay, but again a sign…

Call me crazy, call me cooky, but I cannot be the only one who thinks like this or who is beginning to question why people are going off the deep end? Are there others that see/think in a similar fashion…please chime in.

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin