Skip to main content

THE BIG C –Men & Women Discuss Celibacy

What causes individuals to explore celibacy? Is it something that only women will do, or are more men also practicing this as well? Why the word celibacy is looked upon as THE C and for some is being likened to cancer? Is there something wrong with a person that foregoes something as fun, exciting, and enjoyable as sex? I used to think so, until I decided to shut the shop down.

I practiced celibacy from 2005 to 2007 and it was due in large part to being tired of the game. Trust me when I say that for the first 30 days, I was one irate individual and had to recognize how sex had become an integral aspect of my life…straight meaningless sex. Once I surpassed the 30-day mark, it became easy. It wasn’t done out of trickery and/or to play mind games, it was all about ME. It was becoming more in touch with myself and how intimacy played a part in my life. Although I continued to date, I vowed to always be honest about my current status sexually…to be honest the first conversation was the hardest, but it became easier and in the end, it was funny to watch as men’s eyes glazed over and they would puff out their chest, and offer me such witty quips as “maybe I can be the one to change your mind” or “that’s because you haven’t had me”. It’s crazy, the things men say…but sex had become blasé, casual, meaningless…no longer fun.

Casual sex has become too casual. Back in the day, casual sex was truly a one night stand, then it evolved into a booty call, then the friends with benefits, but now, its just a one and done. Folks rarely take the time to learn about one another before they decide to engage in the sheet mambo. Back in the day, when a brother could plunge the booty without thought is over. No longer can a sister execute a supreme “finish”. The onslaught of HIV/AIDS and other bacterial infections and diseases is as off putting to men as it is to women. Believe it or not, people are becoming more discerning when it comes to intimacy and sex and the number of men that are becoming more selective as to their sexual partners is growing. Today celibacy is not so much about holding the booty hostage but for some it’s more of an awareness of self, wanting a better spiritual walk, or just maybe they have become tired of the games that people are playing.

According to Dr. Ian Kerner, a noted sex therapist and author of Sex Detox: A Relationship Rejuvenation Program for Everyone, research suggests that millions of otherwise-sane men have, at one time, chosen to take a break from sex—and, in many cases, masturbation and the consumption of sexual images in any form—in search of something deeper, safer or less complicated.

But what I have noticed is that some men are beginning to understand that pregnancy and disease are prevalent and can be hazardous to your health as well as wallet. For some, celibacy isn’t as taboo as it was in the past. Ladies, one thing I can tell you is that YES men are having sex, but they are not having nearly as much sex as they would like for you to believe…trust me on this. They have their dry spells...they have their “off days”, so don’t let them try to convince you that they don’t. Some men may not admit it, but those that will have come to realize that sex for sex’s sake is not as attractive nor as safe as it used to be. Boys are concentrating on sex, grown men are cultivating relationships and progressing in their careers…and sex is not their focus.

I applaud men and women that have decided to “take themselves in hand” sexually and question the importance it is in their lives. It is my belief that this is something more MEN & WOMEN should do. Shut the shop down, become introspective as to why you are having sex, the partners you are choosing, and what is the significance of sex in your life to you…once these questions are answered it may give one insight of self as it relates to sex.

SassyScribe

Join Sassy & Dlyte tonight at 9pm for THE BIG C – Men & Women discuss Celibacy on www.blogtalkradio.com/sassyentertainment . Comment line 646.716.7414.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin