Skip to main content

Traditional vs Modern Relationships

Its been said that...modern women don't cook...traditional women do...traditional men are gentlemen...modern men are dogs...traditional women knew their role and place, modern women continue to get out of pocket. Traditional women are supportive, uplifting, respectful, loving, and kind. Modern women are argumentative, lazy, potty mouth, and only seem to be willing to perform random acts of kindness if it will get them somewhere. Traditional men are gentlemen, knows how to treat a woman like a queen, and is the ultimate caring, supportive, responsible provider. Modern men don't care don't give a phuck about treating you like a lady they on are on a stick and move tip. (before you bitch and moan, I generalized because that is how the thoughts came to me...not all men and women are like that)... (((smile)))

I have talked to alot of people and this argument will probably go on until the end of time...but is there truth in any of the above statements? If you sit back and compare your relationships, I am sure that we all have had a mix of the two...but times are changing, and people are changing with them, and it appears to not be for the better. A while back I talked about 'THE LOST ART OF COURTING' and how men and women don't court one another as they did back in the day. The days of hand holding, and getting the approval of a father to date the woman, and stating your intentions...now it seems that modern men/women are all skin hungry. You know the rule, one date, two date, three date, phuck...there is no getting to know you period even after the initial physical attraction, there has to be a mental awareness of another...

I consider myself a modern woman but also traditional, in that in order for me to love a man I have to respect and believe in him as a man. Knowing that he will do what it is he will says he is going to do, and says what he means. I turn will do the same. There is no need for dishonesty or putting on airs to be someone you are not...because (and I have said this in all of my blogs, talks, etc...) the true character of a person will reveal themselves in thirty to ninety days...they can't get around it...there is no way they can get away from their trueselves...

I want to make the arguement that some of the women of today have had to be strong for their families...is that an excuse or a reality...fact is, the brothers have dropped the ball and leaving the homes FORCING the sisters to be strong. If she doesn't hold fast, then her family doesn't eat, the lights are turned off, the rent isn't paid, and the home is threatened. That is the fault of the man for being a coward and not holding up his end of the bargain, and its her fault for not choosing wisely. Conversely, some women are so strong that they lose themselves in that staunch independence and touting "I don't need a man" when deep down inside their souls are crying out to be loved, wanted, and needed. They want a man so bad they can taste it...

A woman once told me that she didn't need a gentlemen in her life..., that she didn't need her man to open up a car door, or help her with her coat...I was like WTF...I'm sorry, I have to have a gentlemen in my life...that makes me feel special knowing that he understands and recognizes that I am a woman and a lady...and I have to be treated as such. That doesn't mean I don't voice my opinion (hell, I blog, so yall know Sassy can talk) but at times there is no need for me to exert my independence and my strenght...there are times that I submit to traditional and let the man be the man...

Yes, I said submit, because that is what the traditional woman did...she submitted to her man, standing by his side in the belief that her man knew best and wouldn't lead THEM astray...Submit, Respect, Honor, Value, Responsible, Supportive...are all traits of the tradtional person...Bitchy, Mean, Uncaring, Non-Supportive, are traits of modern person, and note I didn't say of men or women, because these were traits are pertain to both men and women...afterall, it takes two...right?

...I mean what are the true qualities that differentiates the traditional person from the modern person...is it a learned behavior that was taught long ago and is now lost? Is it too hard to regain? Do you feel that the modern relationships of today are better or worse than the traditional relationships of the past?

Chime in on this...

SassyScribe

Tune in Thursday, September 130th 9PM (eastern) when I discuss TRADITONAL vs. MODERN RELATIONSHIPS on REAL TALK with SASSYSCRIBE www.blogtalkradio.com/sassyentertainment Call in 646-716-7414

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin