Skip to main content

Relationships: Inequality or Imbalance...

Are relationships equal? Does he/she give 50% to your 50% or are you in a 90/10, 80/20, or 70/30 situation and don't even know it? Did you think that your percentage was more or less? Did you think that the value you placed on the relationship was more important to you than the other person....meant more than just a friend? Were you spending alot of time together, then all of a sudden, no more phone calls, no more contact...and you feel as if you are on the chase again...like somewhere something went wrong...the balance of the relationship was skewed? Are you asking yourself what happened...were you an "STD" (something to do) or an "OAD" (one and done)?

Someone asked me if I felt that there was an inequality in the male/female relationships. She stated that she was not happy with the current state of affairs of her relationships...she says she doesn't ask questions of the men she dates, although, they ask her questions. She says they make it known that she isn't the only woman they are dating, yet when she makes it known that they aren't the only ones in her life, there comes attitude and questions. She says it isn't fair, and that the balance of respect isn't equal.

However, there is a delicate balance that we all have to maintain to keep the flow of the relationship in tact? In the instance above they are both giving each other the honesty that grown folks claim they want, and when they get it it, they can't really handle it. If a man tells you he is dating, why then, is he upset at the thought of you dating another person? Now for some, they won't be upset...they may have an attitude of "do u" and "I'll do me"...

Whether its a romantic link with a person, or just someone you are cool with...at some point the inequalities will reveal themselves. The way we talk, how we work, how we give one another the space to be themselves without smothering or hovering, but with loving, care, and concern. How much respect are we giving the person, the relationship, and the friendship.

Some of us have relationships where one person does more or calls more or keeps in contact more often than the other...whereas another relationship the person is more reliable, comfortable, easy, caring, and kind...

It may not sound fair, but is it safe to say that not all relationships that we are involved in are 100% equal...there is always going to be someone who feels like one person is doing, giving, saying, sharing, loving MORE than the other person...

At one point or another, its not necessarily an inequality, rather an imbalance, slight blemish or an imperfection in our level of priorities when it comes to the importance of that relationship in our lives? Or is it how we are perceiving the actions of the other individual and reacting off of that...

Maybe its the imbalance, inequality, and sometimes the imperfections of our relationships that keep them interesting or gives them legs...

I'm interested in your thoughts...is there inequality in relationships?

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before