Skip to main content

The Lost Art of Courting

Does relationship courting still exist beyond the dinner & then the hotel?

In the realm of dating the art of courting, appears to be a lost art. Gone are the days where a man picked you up at your house. Gone are the days where you sat on the porch and listened to the “record player”. Gone are the days, where the man asked your father and/or guardian if he could pursue his interest in you. The gentlemanly courtships of yesterday are gone.

The first time I heard the word courting, I was sixteen, when my grandmother or Mumma as we called her asked me if I was courting. When I furled my brow she changed it to “going steady”. She was the first person to explain to me the artful skill of a man that goes a courting with a woman.

To court a person is an attempt to allure and/or obtain a more formal relationship. In the olden days, the woman you courted, you married. Handholding was a form of intimacy that implied a promise. Today, one or the other gender often scorns hand holding, snuggling, and public displays of affection.

Courting involves a man opening up the door for you. Helping you with your coat or wrap. Assisting you with a hand as he opens up the car door for you. He formally seeks the acquiescence of your loved ones to date you. During the courtship he will ensure that no harm, within his power will come to you. A gentleman courting will bring you flowers and candy. A woman courting offers to cook for him on occasion and will let him kiss her chastely on the cheek. She holds herself as a true lady until he drops to his knees and asks for her hand.

When was the last time you witnessed a man open up a door for his woman? Pull out her chair? Help her take off/put on her coat? Nowadays, in the world of independent women, some of them don’t allow themselves to be courted. They rush to open the door to a building. They rush to open their own car door. They hurry to sit in their seats while shrugging out of their coats. Whereas back in the day, a woman waited to have the door opened, she waited to have him pull her chair out. It was {and for me, still is} expected for him to open up all doors, pull out all chairs, and help me with my coat.

During dinner, does he ask you what it is you want, and then when the waiter comes, order for you? At the end of the meal, it is offensive for you to suggest paying anything, as he is courting you. He is the man and its his honor and responsibility to act as such. It’s charming, chivalrous and down right sexy to have a man order for you. Its all a part of courting…it’s an integral piece of dating, and your relationship that is slowly but surely leaving us.

However, for some, the relationship aspect of courting doesn’t exist beyond dinner, a movie, and if your lucky a hotel, for a quick hit. For some it’s the by-the-hourly rate motels on Route 1??? It’s a cheap dinner at a chain restaurant, like Chevy’s or Chili’s, where the meal is split. Are women still feeling obligated to lay with a man for a $50 meal? Its as if there is an urgency to bed the person so that he won’t loose interest. If that is the case, he was never interested in courting you to begin with. His goal was sex.

When did my gender loose their self-respect? When did my gender, no longer care about compromising their morals and principles? Why is it that women don’t demand to be courted?

Instead of everyone trying to bring sexy back…lets bring courting back…

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin