Skip to main content

What Black Men Think About Black Women?

Everywhere I turn or look on the internet I see threads about black men disparaging and slandering black women. Is it me...I am wondering, "Why do they despise us so much?" Do black men truly despise and loathe the black woman? Is it a select few or is it a pervasive attitude throughout?

In a conversation with a friend, he easily rolled out ten character traits of black women, his discription/definition as to what he perceives them and why black men are more accepting of dating women of other races. He stated that gone are the days of the "good black woman", the likes of Betty Shabbazz and Coretta Scott King, where they uplifted their men and allowed them to be men . "In the good ole days black women would submit to the man as the head of household."

He said that the traits I am about to list equals "the average sistergirl in the city" ATTITUDE!

1. Unsupportive - show extreme respect for their men; allowing the man to do what he does to elevate you both to the next level
2. Shallow - read a book or have a decent conversation
3. Manipulative - stop thinking that you still have power in your "P"...bring something else to the table other than your @$$
4. Condescending - don't bring baggage from past relationships and put it on the next man
5. Self-Serving - goes back to manipulation
6. Dramatic - drama is for punks and boring people; their only purpose is to entertain themselves by creating drama, confusion, and conflict - you are weak
7. Lazy - like a thief; low expectation, blood suckers...I liken this to stealing or begging; doing nothing in society, but causing problems
8. Deceiptful - Hater101 - they hate themselves so much that they hate on the next man
9. Argumentative - a dumb @$$  wanting to be smart; a wrong invidivual needing to be right; intelligence is the ability to make complex ideas simple.
10. Unfriendly - a mad person can mess your mood up; if you don't like your life just end it


He went on to say, that one of the main attractions of a white woman, is that they are happier; whereas sisters are walking around with chips on their shoulders. I stated that white women are automatically perceived as weaker than black women. It is shown to us daily through local and national media, when a white women disappears all of the stops are pulled out to find her, but when a black woman disappears you get a ten second blurb, then its on to the next topic. Never to hear of it again. It is the same attitude in corporate America, where a white woman is delicate and can't handle various pressures and stress, and yet a black woman of the same status is supposed to "grin and bear it".

As he continued to talk I thought, Is this how he sees me or is this certain black women? He stated that it is an attitude that you can spot immediately in some women. Some women have all of the negative character traits, while others only have a few, or one or two. Overall, they aren't attractive and in order to attract the type of man that they think they want, they need to remove the negativity from their system. That much negativity is draining and like a leach sucks the life blood from you, leaving you exhausted after talking /dealing with that type of personality.

The words rolled off of his tongue, and out of his mouth so easily that I was shocked and amazed. I couldn't help but take it personally. To be honest, as a black woman, it hurt me to my heart to hear him say that- I felt the disdain coming from him, and I was like "damn, its like that". The reason that it hurt so much, is because at one point in MY life I personified those same traits...But fortunately for me, I recognized how unhappy I was, and took the necessary steps to correct that. Looking back, I didn't love the person that I was, and liked her even less...were it not for self reflecting on the wrong things I realized within myself and set about to effectively changing them, there would've been no SASSY now.

I need the help of men and also I am interested in what sisters think and feel about this gentleman's statements? Are we what this one person stated? Do Black Men truly despise Black Women...? Sassy wants to know...

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin