Skip to main content

Men and Romance- Some Just Don't Get It!

A friend and I were talking recently and as usual the topic was about men and women. We were talking about my last blog (Are Women Whores for Money?" posted 6-12-2007). He said the simple answer is YES...women expect men to pay for the services rendered. A heated debate started and it moved into another topic on why is that men sometimes just don't seem to get it. Why are they (men) afraid to romance a woman?

I stated that men aren't romantic and don't put forth an effort like they used to. I think that is true because I don't think women demand certain things. I think that women are so hell bent on trying to ensure that their man isn't sleeping around that they tend to overlook the small things. I love flowers, and candy and love men just being gentlemen! I (and this is just Sassy), but I expect for a man to open my door, help me with my coat, pull out my chair, go outside on those cold mornings and start my car, scrape the ice off of the windows, make sure there is enough oil in the car etc...in turn, I will ensure, his house is clean, his meal are cooked, he gets the loving he needs and wants, and give him his space when he needs it. Men have lost their gentlemanly ways. My friend asked me are men being taught to be gentlemen? He said that his father taught him the courtesy's that are to be afforded to a woman...his boys didn't teach him because they don't know. The parents, (in his opinion) are there to show the boys how to be men and the girls how to grow to be ladies. He said the girls that are whoring themselves had to see a pattern in someone in order for them to learn to whore themselves.

Women go out and buy cute matching bra & panties, they get sexy lingerie, and cook romantic candlelight dinners. Is it too hard for a man to make an attempt to do the same thing? I know women and talk to women everyday who have some problem or another with their man "just not getting it". They aren't loving them right. I had a woman tell me that her man won't hold her hand in public, walks two to three steps in front of her, yet blows a gasket when a man looks at her. She said if you held my hand and "staked your claim" your wouldn't have that to worry about. Its little things that men do, that get women. As simple as men claim they are, women are just as simple. It is so easy to woo a woman with flowery words and sweet promises, but doing something romantic gets her even faster. Something as simple as hand holding, the least invasive of PDA seems to be anethema to men!

SweetShelly69 made an interesting comment when she stated "just get my man to do little things, like sending a card, would be nice". Men, what is so wrong with lighting a couple of candles? How about turning on some light jazz and lowering the lights? You don't think about the little things the women, well not all women, but some women love. Some women say they don't enjoy flowers, yet give them some just because and see the reaction. Some women claim to not need all of the accoutrements, but do it, and reap the rewards.

I know that women have to do their part and for the most part they say they are and if they aren't why isn't there a coversation. This debate went on for hours with this man and I. He said that women need to communicate more instead of dropping hints, because if you don't properly communicate then you won't get the results you're looking for. Ladies, how many times have you communicated to him and come up with no results.

I get it, some men aren't into that dreaded R word for Romance, but sometimes fellas, you just have to put forth the effort! Is Sassy on point, or off the mark?

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before