Skip to main content

A Dream Lost

Do you think that we have lost the vision and the mission of Dr. King's Dream and that of the Civil Rights Movement?

I wonder all the time as I see and hear all of the Black-on-Black crime. The single parent households, the high divorce rate, the low marriage rate, the high sexually transmitted disease rate, drug addiction, alcohol addiction, welfare addiction---hell, the list goes on and on. One 1/12 of the year has past and already Baltimore and DC have close to 20 murders, if not more. Bodies being found in ditches, heavily wooded areas, in homes, etc...its a gawd damn disgrace...but what do we do? Where do we start? Does it start in the home? Is it the fault of the poor public school systems in the areas? Is it the lack of respect that people have for one another in general? Whose to blame for the lack of leadership for our Race...or should we govern ourselves?

The very rights that Dr. King, Andrew Young, Jesse Jackson, and others marched for are the very rights that folks either don't care about or take for granted. Hell, most kids don't even know Dr. King, other than the fact that schools are closed and Momma & Daddy may not work, if they work at all. Ask them about Harriet Tubman, or Mary McLeod Bethune, and you will get blank stares and hear crickets chirping. I don't mean to sound jaded or cynical, but WTF are WE as a race going to do about OUR problem? Its not the White man's issue...its an issue within our own little word of Colored, Negro Black, African AmericanCulture...

Before you ask, no I don't have one solution to the problem, because I believe that it is tenfold. I think that folks have gotten away from the business of parenting. Yeah, children are different from when I was young. Yes, they have more opportunities than I had. Yes, there are more distractions than I had, (i.e. MTV, video games, computers) But, the one constant thing in my life was the FEAR of embarrassing my family. No, I didn't do everything my parents said. No, I wasn't 100% good girl all of the time, I did my fair share of sneaking, and lying...and thank goodness I never got caught. But always always always in the back of my mind I had a fear of my parents finding out. That fear kept me from doing anything illegal...anything...I was and I am still more afraid of my parents than I am of the police, or any other authority figure. And I don't think the children of today have that fear.

The Public school system in the urban areas are jacked. How can you learn with busted windows, and disorder in the classroom? I think that the schools are hiring mediocre instructors and facilitators, that are content with the status quo and getting buy. The schools do not have an adequate curriculum that will instill, inform, instruct, and inspire the children to want to know and learn more. The schools don't teach Black History at all and if they do, its in February. I think that those in the system, be it welfare, incarceration, rehabilitation, etc, are all skilled in working the system to their advantage.

So again, how to we get back to living out King's Dream? The dream of equality for all. The goodness of mankind, and the pursuit of life and liberty?

Your thoughts...

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before