Skip to main content

Caring For An Adulterer

I was sitting here thinking about some of the trifling men folk in my family and it got me to thinking...would I have enough love and compassion in my heart to care for an ex or a philandering spouse/S.O. that required constant medical attention.

I have a couple of cousins that have done alot of dirt that I have seen/heard to the women in their lives. One in particular had a habit of leaving his woman not for a quick stick-n-move type of affair, naw his azz had to linger with his side pieces for years at a clip. Now lets fast forward, this woman has continued to remain married to him, never straying, always attending family events and being "the good little wife"...and what got me was after all of these years, his azz got sick, his "woman" kicked him to the curb, and his wife is now caring for him.

That type of love and committment to me is the sign of a good woman or is she completely stupid! There is no way in hell, that I would take care of your ailing azz after you have left me for someone else. To put the icing on top of this sick cake, the other woman dropped him off at the hospital, called the wife, told her that she could come and get him now...and the wife was out the house and at his side quick fast and in a hurry! When I heard the story, I immediately said "she is a better woman than I" and when I saw her for the first time after that, boy, she was happier than a f****t w/a bag o'dicks...

I know it sounds cruel, and we are all expected to forgive and forget, but it just doesn't happen that way. I can remember the scene in Diary of A Mad Black Woman, when the husband got sick, and the new girl wanted to pull the plug and the wife said no...there was an audible gasp in the theater where the women were like "WTF...let her pull the plug"...yeah, yeah, yeah, yall are saying that his death would've been on her conscience- that we don't want...but I'd be damned, if I'd have been there to care for and worry about him. That woman was too much of a christian in my eyes, I ain't there yet...(I am going to catch flack for that statement...oh well) I know when folks marry, the vows in sickness and in health are there, but DAMN! How far do we take them. But don't does vows go out the window when said spouse phucks up?

But this issue begged the question...would you be willing to care for an unfaithful ex? What if you and said spouse actually parted ways, then they took sick and no one was there to care for them...would you step up and take care of them in their final days?

SassyScribe

Comments

Anonymous said…
I guess that is the whole point Sassy,
Your Wedding vows don't go out the window when we mess up for most of us. The question in my eyes would be just how much each of us are willing to tolerate? That to me is the difference between being married and or shacking up! I am not to much for religion per se, but I consider myself to be very spiritual. I have a love for people in the way that Christ did in that He didn't make it His business to judge people. He just simply made them aware of the fruit that they were bearing. We all have issues, problems, faults, shortcomings, hangups, etc. I have experienced some things in Marriage that I definately would not be bothered with in my single days. Take the Sistah in this case for instance. I beleive that there is a special place in Heaven for those type of people for real!! =)I actually view her as being the stronger and not the weaker person in this situation. Granted, she may have a little fun and forget to feed him, change him or give him his medicine a few days out of the week! LOL....But on the real, She obviously has love for your cousin on a whole nother level like a lot of other Married folks. (Look at the late Ray Charles' wife for instance) I consider her to be the model of ultra cool wives! =) Anyway, I'm not condoning blatant "tryflinism" in any shape or form, but like I have said time and time again, We all know for the most part what type of person we are marrying before we commit to those (sacred) vows. It's our own personal decision to make on whether we are up for the challenge or not. Think about it, She has been wanting her husband all to herself for so many years but he has been stepping out since forever. Now she has him alllllll to herself____at least until she can make him well so he can go back out and do it ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLL

Peace & Love,
brutbrut
SassyScribe said…
I pray that my cousin gets well...and yes there may be a special spot in Heaven for her and folks of her ilk, but my gene for forgivness isn't as easily moved as hers. He broke their vows repeatedly, but you hit the nail on the head, she does have him to herself and thats all that counts. (SMH = Shaking My Head)

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before