Skip to main content

Honesty & Dating...

In a group discussion, the subject of honesty in men and women came up. How important is honesty in a relationship.

Now some, {an ex or two, that is}, would say I know nothing of honesty. When I started dating in the beginning of 2005, I have found that men cannot handle honesty in women. In all of my dealings and relationships with people, I am as honest as I can be without being cruel, crass,, brisk, or brash. I want to be honest and upfront about every aspect of my life. The issue that I run into is this, men say they want honesty, but they really don't. Now I know that we as "mere" females, say we want the truth and SOME of us can't handle the truth, but the point is as honest as we are to you all, we want that right back. If your not feeling me, say so. What's so wrong with saying "Sassy, you're a great woman, but I'm just not feeling you in that way." Its honest, upfront, and two the point. It eliminates me from the "grand scheme" of things, and therefore, we can continue with a friendship {if that's possible} or not. Besides, when we are dating...who says the rule has to be that we ALL must immediately vibe and fall in love? Most of the men that I have met have turned into really good friends. We enjoy one another's company, talking on the phone, dinner, and the movies. There is no pressure on either of us to do any more or less than we want to. The only problem I have with most of the men I meet, is the question of dating. They don't like the fact that I am dating other men.

When men ask me am I dating I answer yes. Which brings up another issue...Men and women have two different definitions of dating. My definition of dating - "a series of events, where two people can get to learn/know one another." These events may be over dinner, dancing, the movies, phone conversations, etc., but they have set in stone a tenet for a relationship. It is however, establishing a learning process of at first friendship, liking, then eventually love. If you get to that stage. This process is not without its obstacles. See when we open our lives up to new people, we also open our lives to their dramas, bullshit, family, and friends. By admitting new individuals into your life, you have accepted that there will be some growing pains to this new development in your life. Honestly, it will take you 30 - 90 days to find out the true character of the person your dealing with. If we were honest, and I am, I can tell whether or not I am going to vibe with you from a phone conversation, the intonation of your words, the sound of your voice, tells me whether or not I could vibe with someone. It may seem superficial to some, even shallow to others, but why waste time when I can feel, that we are not a good fit.

This does not just go for people of the opposite sex, but for people of the same sex. I have met and/or talked to women that I know right off the bat, that our personalities will not mesh.

Yet the issue at hand still remains...do men and women value honesty in relationships? The comments should be interesting...

SassyScribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Horny...It Hurts!

As usual my discussions stem from random thoughts that I have and from conversations with friends, family, & acquaintances. But we were talking about sex and levels of horniness and one of us spoke up and said, "I'm so horny...it hurts!" (Hmmm...I thought about this and came here...to you...) Have you ever gotten to the point where you are so horny it hurts! Its a physical ache deep in your bones. Every muscle and sinew, every step, stretch, and run, is so physically excrutiating to the point of being unbearable! You know sometimes your eyes cross, you get bumps on your face, and your nerves are completely on edge. You say your are angry and frustrated when in fact all you need is a little hot monkey sex to get you back in order...In situations like that, your body has a tendency to shut down on itself. As I write this, I wonder how many of us are so horny that it hurts? I honestly feel that dyck and puzzy are a dime a dozen...anyone, and I do mean anyone, regardless

Pleasing Your Man

Where to begin...there is nothing better than pleasing the one that you are with...right? I can remember a time when women didn't even want to admit that they performed oral sex on a man/men, but nowadays, its a whole new game. Women are exalting in their new found power of persusion and seduction...they are revelling in their control of making him loose his mind for a few hot seconds...LOL But in recent conversations with men, I am told that not all women truly know how to give a good blow job. Men will tell you that no teeth are needed, and please keep conversation to a minimum. There are several techniques in the art of fellatio...I am just going to touch on a few... Positions ladies lay the man on his back and climb between his legs...this is the "king of the mountain" position, that will grant you access to his entire body... kneeling/sitting is great also...the sensation is more intense and allows for deep throating doggy style...he is on all fours and you get behin

Online Dating

When I first got my computer, I used to sit up and chat all night long with numerous people from across the globe. As I got bolder, I actually met some of these individuals that I had chatted with online. The one commonality I found was that they all lied about something...that was in 2002. Today, I am a member of three online dating services {I'm a free member to them so communication is limited} anyway, three years later I am finding the same thing...that they all lie for some reason or another. Now my girlz feel that I am crazy to not only talk to these freaks I meet online but to actually meet them. And I am beginning to realize that they are right...I am crazy or are they crazy? I'm crazy because I genuinely want a relationship, and I am finding out the reason why some of these men are still single and that is....drum roll please--- They don't say what they mean and mean what they say! That goes for the women as well! Now I know life happens and you had a life before